First EAGE/ASGA Petroleum Exploration Workshop
Your abstract will be uploaded in 6 steps using the online submission module. The body of the abstract must be uploaded using the template.
In order to submit your abstract successfully, the following steps in the call for papers must be taken. Please use the information icon on these pages for further information. At each step you may go back to change entries in previous steps by navigating on the CONTINUE and PREVIOUS buttons. After submission, and up until the close of the Call for Papers, you will be able to edit your submission by logging into the “My Submissions” website area.
- Login for EAGE members and non-members
- Corresponding author details
- Abstract details
- Summary/Upload: upload the body of your abstract. (Please upload your abstract according to the template and specifications below)
- Submission summary: by giving the submit command you upload all information from steps 1-5.
Layout of Abstract
- You do not need to make a cover page for your abstract as EAGE will make this for you with the title, authors and summary. Please do not include this information in the body text of your abstract. Please start the body text of your abstract directly under the EAGE logo.
- The abstract format shall be minimum two, maximum four pages in length on A4 format. The abstract shall be no less than 800 words. The abstract should consist of text and appropriate figures supporting the key message. It should contain at least one figure.
- Please do not use more than 1 column, do not frame the text, and please upload the body of your abstract as one document with embedded figures.
- Please use the font Times New Roman 11 pts with single line spacing, set the alignment as justified and use the standard Word outline level (body text).
- The margins which must be used are as follows:
Top - 2.64cm (1.04")
Bottom - 2.54cm (1")
Left & right - 3.17cm (1.25")
- The lay-out of the references should be consistent with the style guide for references in the First Break guidance to authors. Please ensure every citation has a reference and vice versa.
- Number the figures sequentially, according to their appearance in the text, and check that each figure is cited in the text.
- Supply a short caption for each figure; more detailed discussion of the figure can be reserved for the text. Further information about the use of figure captions and figure numbering can be found in the First Break guidance to authors.
PDF Submission of Abstract
If you wish, you may use the downloadable template to create a PDF file of the abstract body text, which you may then upload to the system. If you choose this option, please do not protect the PDF file.