24th European Meeting of Environmental and Engineering Geophysics
Near Surface Geoscience Conference & Exhibition 2018
PACE Travel Grant
The PACE Travel Grant programmes provide financial support for those who will be presenting at the Near Surface Geoscience Conference & Exhibition 2018 and have limited financial possibilities to do so.
Important remark about the submission number: we changed to a new submission system with no submission ID numbers. So please fill in '0' in the Submission ID field of your travel grant application! We will check the status of your submissions for you.
Application for the Travel Grant
The travel grant application process is now open and will close on 30 April 2018 (23:59, GMT +1). After this date new applications are no longer possible.
Applicants will receive results ultimately by early June 2018.
The grant selection process is separate from the Technical Programme selection process.
Please note: Before applying for the PACE Travel Grant you should have a submission in place for the Technical Programme of 2018 Near Surface Geoscience Conference and Exhibition of either:
- 24th European Meeting of Environmental and Engineering Geophysics
- Second Conference on Geophysics for Mineral Exploration and Mining
- Third Applied Shallow Marine Geophysics Confrence
A submission for the Technical Programme 2018 Near Surface Geoscience Conference & Exhibition (deadline 15 April) is mandatory before applying for the grant.
Every applicant will need to arrange and pay for their travels and accommodation before the conference, including visa. The grant, if allocated to the applicant, will not be paid before the event. Furthermore, please note that the grant is a substantial contribution towards your expenses and not a full reimbursement.
It is mandatory for accepted applicants to report onsite at the later communicated location and time slots options, in order to obtain the grant.
Criteria for travel grant selection
After the travel grant application there are criteria in place based on which the selection rounds will take place. Only applicants that are accepted into the programme as presenters, will be considered for the grant, if they have not received a grant after August 2016. Below you will find an overview of the criteria in place.
- Only persons who cannot obtain financial support given by their university/institute or other resources can apply.
- Only presenters of accepted oral and/or poster presentations will be eligible for receiving a grant.
- A person will only be considered for a financial support once every two years.
- Priority will be given to EAGE members.
- Please note: the requested support is a substantial contribution and will not cover all of your expenses.
- In the case that support will be granted; you will receive an email with a confirmation letter and an explanation of the procedure.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Have you submitted an extended abstract for the Technical Programme for Near Surface Geoscience Conference & Exhibition 2018 and are you not able to obtain financial support in attending the conference? Then you are all set for applying for the Travel Grant.
Please fill in the application for the Travel Grant through the form below. Travel grant application deadline: 30 April 2018.
If you have any questions related to PACE Travel Grant, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: If you submitted an abstract via our new system (after 12/01/2018) then you must fill in 0 when asked for your abstract submission number.
General information on the Travel Grant regulations can be found on the EAGE website here.