80th EAGE Conference & Exhibition 2018
Opportunities presented by the energy transition
Data Integration in Geoscience - Perspectives for Computational Methods
Sunday 10 June 2018
|Title:||Data Integration in Geoscience - Perspectives for Computational Methods|
|Convenors:||K. Mosegaard (Niels Bohr Institute)
T. Hansen (Niels Bohr Institute)
The goal of this workshop is to bring together specialists in integration of geoscience-data from leading research institutions and companies with the aim of presenting and discussing the most recent developments in quantitative, simultaneous analysis of geophysical, geological and engineering data.
The emphasis during the workshop will be on computational methods and the use of statistical/probabilistic viewpoints in representation, inversion and interpretation of data from multi-scale structures.
Key topics include:
- Fundamental questions on inference in geo-systems
- Geophysical data analysis with constraints from geological, geostatistical, geochemical or thermodynamic information.
- Integration of time-lapse geophysical data with time-dependent flow data.
- Risk assessment in natural resources exploration.
- Visualization of geoscientific data.