First EAGE/IGA/DGMK Joint Workshop on Deep Geothermal Energy
8 - 9 November
Call for papers
DGMK (German Society of Petroleum and Coal Science and Technology)
The purpose of DGMK is to promote and advance science, research, technology and continuing education relating to fossil fuels as shown below:
- Exploration, Drilling, Production and Storage of Petroleum (oil and natural gas)
- Petroleum Refining and Product Application
- Coal and Biomass Processing
DGMK serves as a forum for petroleum professionals by:
- Combining professional expertise from universitties, industry, and administration within one organisation dealing with all basic and applied science and technology covering petroleum, petrochemistry and coal processing disciplines
- Organizing conferences in order to provide exhange of scientific and technical information and knowledge
- Promoting any type of suitable national and international professional cooperation between individuals and institutions. To facilitate this intention DGMK is a full member of various national and international professional organizations
- Sponsoring academic tteaching and continuing education
- Assistance in directing new petroleum and coal technology to a variety of uses by cultivating transfer of innovations from universities to industry and feeding back practical experience into academic research and teaching
In addition to these traditional activities DGMK offers as an independent scientific body extended specific services for:
- Raising, compiling and processing general technical industry questions in providing the organizational structure and the management service functions for cooperative research directed towards generating required information. Current DGMK cooperative research program comprises 55 different projects in petroleum up- and downstream areas. 534 DGMK-Research Reports have been published so far.
- Continuing standardization work for petroleum products and lubricants in cooperation with DIN German Institute for Standardization. The total number of national, European and international DIN Standards is about 500.
- Developing aother petroleum related industry standards and test methods.
- DGMK/FAM also supports DakkS (Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH) - the German accreditation body - for the accreditation of laboratories which test petroleum and related products, environmental and biological products. Accreditation is done according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025. DakkS is also responsible for accreditations according to EN 45004