EAGE recognizes the current challenging status of the industry and, priding itself on the inclusive character of the Association, now has a special economic hardship assistance programme in place to reach out to its members. The programme consists of three elements: a membership fee waiver, the London 2019 registration fee waiver and special discounts on public EAGE short courses.
EAGE Short Course discount
|Short Course support
||2 weeks prior to the start of the course
EAGE aims to assist its long-term members who are currently unemployed by providing contributions towards educational programmes. Under this element of the EAGE Economic Hardship Programme, currently unemployed members can attend public EAGE short courses for a discounted course fee equal to 75 euros for either one- or two-day course. The discounted registration fee is the same as in another supported programme – EAGE Education Tours, where everyone can benefit from a discounted fee.
Terms & conditions
To be eligible for this EAGE Short Course discount, certain conditions apply:
• The application for a reduced course fee can be submitted throughout the whole of 2019.
• The applicant needs to have been a regular EAGE member for the last two consecutive years (2017, 2018) and have an active EAGE membership for 2019.
• The applicant must have been without employment for at least three months.
• The applicant must be actively looking for work.
• No remuneration can be granted for the remainder of the registration fee.
• EAGE cannot pay for transportation to and from the location where the short course is held and/or for other costs connected with attending the course.
• Applicants applying for events outside of their own country have to allow sufficient time to apply for the proper travel documents.
• EAGE holds the right to cancel a short course based on low registration numbers.
• Full-time students cannot apply for this programme.
• The number of contributions issued per educational programme is limited
• Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for the EAGE Short Course discount, please send an email explaining your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any additional documentation to support your request will also help to strengthen your application. Requests for this special discount can be sent throughout the year for the various courses organized. All applications need to be sent at least two weeks prior to the start of the course.
Please know your application will be handled in the strictest confidence. This means we will not publish your name or contact your previous employer to check your status.
Your application will be reviewed by the PACE committee. Once your request has been processed by this committee, you will be contacted by EAGE staff with the results of your application.